Information note on cookies
Information note on Internet cookies (hereinafter: cookies)
In some cases, we may place small files on your computer device in order for our website to function properly.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies have several functions, including collecting information, memorizing user settings, and giving the website owner the opportunity to learn about user habits to enhance the user experience.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent in accordance with Article 6 (1) a) of the General Data Protection Regulation of the EU. You can give your consent by clicking on the “Accept” button. If consent is refused, it is not possible to use the service subject to consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time, but this does not affect the lawfulness of the data processing prior to the withdrawal. Withdrawal takes place as follows:
The Data Controller informs the Data Subjects that Internet cookies can be blocked or deleted by them; however, in this case, some functions may not be available. The Data Subject can disable cookies in each web browser in the following ways:
You can read more information about each cookie below.
What are the different types of cookies?
Strictly necessary cookies: Such cookies are essential for the proper functioning of the website.
Acceptance of these cookies is necessary because the Data Controller can guarantee that the website will function as expected. These cookies do not collect personal data. Strictly necessary cookies are, for example, performance cookies, which collect information about whether the website is working properly or whether there are errors in its operation.
Functional cookies: These cookies ensure a consistent appearance of the website tailored to your needs and remember the settings you choose (for example: coluor, font size, layout).
Statistical cookies: They help website owners understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
Marketing (advertising) cookies: Marketing cookies are used to track website visitors. The goal is to display ads that are relevant, interesting, and valuable to that user.
Cookies provided by a third party: In case of using certain services, a cookie provided by a third party may appear on the website, which allows the sharing and processing of certain content. This is the case when the Data Controller uses the Data Processor’s cookie(s) used to operate its database within the framework of the corporate governance system.
Use the following link to disable and enable cookies for various purposes:
Cookies used by the Data Controller:
- WordPress session cookie – expiration date: as the browsing process ends
- PHPSESSID – session cookie, expiration date: as the browsing process ends
- ct-ultimate-gdpr-cookie , ct-ultimate-gdpr-cookie-level – These cookies store the user’s cookie acceptance settings.
Expiration date: 30 days
- woocommerce_cart_hash, woocommerce_items_in_cart: These session cookies help WooCommerce determine when the contents of the cart change.
Expiration date: as the browsing process ends
- wp_woocommerce_session_: It contains a unique code for each customer so it knows where each customer’s cart data is in the database.
Expiration date: 2 days
Cookies provided by a third party:
- GPS – Registers a unique identifier on mobile devices to allow tracking based on geographic GPS location, expiration date: 30 minutes.
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE – A YouTube-set cookie that measures bandwidth to determine whether to get the interface of the new player or the old one, expiration date: as the browsing process ends.
- YSC – This cookie is set by the YouTube video service on pages with embedded YouTube videos, expiration date: as the browsing process ends
- _ga, _gat, _gid – Google Analytics cookies are used to collect information about how our visitors use our website
Cookies used by Barion Payment Zrt. service provider:
- ba_vid, ba_vid.xxx: Its purpose in the Barion Smart Gateway service is to detect credit card fraud based on the digital fingerprint of the device you are using and your browsing habits.
Expiration date: 1.5 years from the last update
- ba_sid, ba_sid.xxx: Its purpose in the Barion Smart Gateway service is to detect credit card fraud based on the digital fingerprint of the device you are using and your browsing habits.
Expiration date: 30 minutes
More informations on the cookies used by Barion: